About Me

My photo
i am a stay-at-home mom living, learning and loving by the bay!I love to take pictures. I love to crochet cozy things for my family and friends.

March 31, 2009

f r a c t u r e

Well, here is Goose this morning! Fractured left wrist. We spent 5, yes, I said 5 hours in the ER last night! We got home after 10pm and she still had to eat dinner. We are exhausted to say the least! I knew as soon as I heard her call out to me that a bone was broken. You see, this is our families 5th fractured bone. I now consider myself an expert! My sister-in-law, who works as a social worker at the hospital we went to, said "Maybe it's not broken." I said I would bet money on it! And I was right, again. There's a certain way your child cries out that you KNOW is serious. And this was one of those cries. Poor thing. She went out into the backyard to look and see if she could see anyone near a house that was on fire a few blocks away. She was very worried someone might still be inside. I assured her that the fire fighters would get everyone out. It looked like everyone was already out on the street. But she is a worrier. So she climbed on some exercise equipment and slipped and fell right on the concrete. The real bummer is that she didn't even get her permanent cast. We have to wait to see the orthopedist and get the cast then. So today will be very mellow with hugs and kisses galore! Binky was so sweet when he heard Goose was going to the hospital. He told Daddy "We have to go to the hospital, Daddy! My sister broke her arm. We have to go be with her!" Which they did and Binky waited for 4 hours so patiently. We have come to learn that broken bones are not as high on the priority list at the ER as one might think!

12 comments:

  1. Oh my, Poor sweet Goose! So sorry about that.
    Sounds like you are an expert with 5 broken bones! I have a friend who's children are always breaking bones. I think some families just have bones that break easier than others.
    None of my three children have had a broken bone or stitches. Can you believe it? KNOCK on wood!!!
    Hope it's not to painful and healing wishes to Goose. Maybe she'll get one of those cool colorful cast:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Anet! Yeah, the last time my son broke his wrist the orthopedist said we were going to make him a lot of money! He knows my son loves to snowboard, skateboard and is a daredevil! She is looking forward to a colorful cast! May your children NEVER break a bone!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sorry to hear about Goose! Binky is such a wonderful little brother!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Poor Goose. That was really kind of her. What a great girl!! I hope she gets better real soon. Binky is so sweet.

    Hope you all get a lot of rest!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh 5 hours. I must have felt like forever. Hopefully, the fracture will be healed by the warms days of early summer.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Poor little girl! And wow...what a long time to be in the ER. I hope she heals quickly.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my ... I hope she heals fast! You're right too, a mother can totally tell from the cries of her child what you're dealing with.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Poor Goose! That's sweet that Binky was so worried about her. I hope she's feeling better soon and gets the permanent cast quickly.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, what a horrible experience. Poor, poor Goose, looking over the well being of others and this should happen to her. And Binky was so sweet and empathetic toward his big sis. What lovely caring children you have raised. I hope she heals quickly and send her our good healing wishes.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for all the sweet comments! Goose loves them! She is on the mend. Bathtime tonight will be fun.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Poor, poor Goose! I feel so terrible for her... it must have hurt so! She's a brave little girl. Her flower fairy is on his way to cheer her up.

    ReplyDelete