About Me

My photo
i am a stay-at-home mom living, learning and loving by the bay!I love to take pictures. I love to crochet cozy things for my family and friends.

March 5, 2009

Pave Anniversary Cake











Husband and I celebrated our ninth wedding anniversary yesterday!! To celebrate I made this amazing pave cake. I found the recipe in my Alice Waters cookbook. Pave is a flourless cake so all you need is eggs, sugar, butter, chocolate and a pinch of salt! That's it! It is the most delicious cake. Goose loves to help! Watching the chocolate and butter melt is her favorite part. We take turns whisking the egg yolks and then the egg whites. After 35 minutes in the oven and some cooling time, we sprinkle it with powdered sugar and, voila, the most decadent cake we've ever tasted! This cake is now a family favorite and requested by other family members for birthdays. Husband loved it! Roses, cards, sushi and cake, oh yeah, and a dance by Goose, made for a lovely anniversary!




2 comments:

  1. That sounds scrumptious! Could you share the recipe? Happy anniversary!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Anniversary! That cake does look decadent, and delicious. :) I love that cookbook.

    ReplyDelete