About Me

My photo
i am a stay-at-home mom living, learning and loving by the bay!I love to take pictures. I love to crochet cozy things for my family and friends.

April 21, 2009



"It is frightfully difficult to know much about the fairies, and almost the only thing known for certain is that there are fairies wherever ther are children. Long ago children were forbidden the Gardens, and at that time there was not a fairy in the place; then the children were admitted, and the fairies came trooping in that very evening. They can't resist following the children, but you seldom see them, partly because they live in the daytime behind the railings, where you are not allowed to go, and also partly because they are so cunning. They are not a bit cunning after Lock-out, but until Lock-out, my word!"
"Lock-out Time"
from "Peter Pan in Kensington Gardens"
by J.M. Barrie
We are having lots of fun with Periwinkle Fairy and Easter Gnome!! It's going to be 90 degrees today!!!!!!! And with Goose in a cast, no swimming with friends I'm afraid! I think if I wrap it up really well, we can run through the sprinklers, though. I was born and raised in Southern California, I grew up at the beach. But now, the older I get the more I really dislike 90 degree weather. The wonderful thing about spring in the Bay Area is the day to day changes in the weather. Tomorrow it will be in the 70s and by the weekend it will be in the 60s and raining!
Can't wait! Oh, yeah, tomorrow is Earth Day! We are cleaning up a local Berkeley park with our homeschooling charter and enjoying a locavore(locally grown food) potluck to celebrate!
How will you celebrate?

5 comments:

  1. The photos and the quote are delightful. Calling my daughter in to show her the photos. 90 degrees sounds wonderful to me. Hope the cast wrapping works.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, 90 degrees! Nothing like that here in VT. More like 50s and clouds/rain. Love the fairy pictures and the quote. For Earth Day we're going to make up some earth friendly cleaners. You know, baking soda, vinegar, lemon juice, borax. . . !

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yikes! 90s already! We haven't really made any Earth Day plans. I'll probably get the kids to help me outside for a bit and this weekend we'd like to see the new Earth movie (even though it's Disney...shhhh..)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm not a fan of super hot weather but then I don't like it super cold either. Mild weather like San Diego would be great.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for sharing this bit of magic! I totally believe in fairies.

    ReplyDelete