About Me

My photo
i am a stay-at-home mom living, learning and loving by the bay!I love to take pictures. I love to crochet cozy things for my family and friends.

July 20, 2009

moon cakes and skateboarding

This is one of my favorite photos of the Moon and Earth together.





To celebrate the 40th Anniversary of the first landing on the moon we made moon cakes. We made a simple pastry dough and filled them with fresh raspberries or shredded coconut. The raspberry cakes are my favorite! Very yummy!
But first, our morning began at the skate park. Here is a little peak into one of Binky's favorite things to do! He is too cute!


8 comments:

  1. This IS a beautiful photo -- I've always wanted to go into space and see the earth floating there. Thanks for your comments on my blog -- I look forward to reading more of yours! And by the way, my son is 11 on July 25th as well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. He sure it too cute!!! Love the peace sing and I must say he is pretty good on that skateboard.

    The moon cakes look delicious!

    Lisa :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't believe how delishious your moon cakes look. Two of my favorite flavors in them, Yum!
    Binky is getting really good at skating!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Binky's doing really well on that skateboard. It amazes me that anyone can balance on one of those! Good for him!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ahhh...Binky is so cute. He's pretty good on that skateboard!
    Those moon cakes look delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I loved your moon activities. What a wonderful celebration. This morning you visited my blog. Last night I visited yours for the first time!!! I can't remember how I discovered it, but I can't wait to explore when my little one is busy at camp next week. The first place I will head is glitter globes. I like your idea of using pseudonyms for the children. Do you mind if I borrow that idea for my people, rather than saying, "this child" or "that child"? I also want to investigate all of your favorite blogs. Bye! Beth

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yum... can I come over for cookies?
    That photo is amazing!
    Magic and Blessings, especially to your little princess on Saturday.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful photo. Those moon cakes sure look tasty too. How wonderful for your Binky to enjoy and be so good at skateboarding.

    ReplyDelete