About Me

My photo
i am a stay-at-home mom living, learning and loving by the bay!I love to take pictures. I love to crochet cozy things for my family and friends.

August 8, 2011

I know it's been a while since my last post.
Life is happening.
We have been at home a lot lately because Daddy needs the car to get to work.
He is working an hour away right now.
We did get a motorcycle for him to take to work, but we are waiting for the registration paperwork.
Hopefully this will be the week!
Goose spent last week with her coop camp. 
Each day is spent with a different family.
Tuesday didn't go so well.
Most of the day was great!  The girls spent the afternoon at the park running and playing with
Kaia, the dog.  It wasn't until the drive home that things took a turn for the worst!
While sitting at a complete stop on the freeway in stop and go traffic,
their minivan was rear-ended!  And not just bumped into, but full on, no brakes used at all!
I spoke with Goose the moment after it happened and from
the sound of her voice I knew she was not okay.
She said her head and neck hurt and she felt dizzy! 
To make a long story short, Goose went to the ER and came home with
whiplash and a concussion.
It was quite scary for all of us!
She was in so much pain that night!
But she is feeling pretty good now and seems to be over the shock of it all.
I am sooooo grateful everyone in the car is okay. A little sore, but okay.
Let's see... what else have we been up to?
Well, neighborhood walks and library visits.
Did I tell you Goose volunteered at the library this summer?
Binky has been working on a spy kit for himself complete with a gadget watch and other spy devices that I am not supposed to know about!
I have been working on a business idea for awhile now.
I love paper and want to focus on up-cycled gift wrapping accessories.
More to come on that!
We are going to hit the books today and make some decisions
about this next year of learning.  Not that we will stick to all of it.  But just as a starting off point for the year.
Did you read this article on CNN?
It really hit home with me. 
Well, I am off for another cup of coffee.
Have a great week!




2 comments:

  1. i'm so glad to hear that sophia is okay. oh what a terrible thing to have to happen. i'm so sorry for all that she had you had to go through.
    on another note, that is a great article.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, that is so scary. My parents experienced something similar. Frightening. I am glad she is ok.I am off to click through your link. And I hear about schooling and we aren't even homeschooling!

    ReplyDelete