About Me

My photo
i am a stay-at-home mom living, learning and loving by the bay!I love to take pictures. I love to crochet cozy things for my family and friends.

March 7, 2012

Happy To Be Back


Well, I am back.  It has been so long since I sat down and visited blog world! 
I have missed you!
We have been busy learning, living, healing and baking!
Goose loves to bake!!!  This is her puff pastry with homemade raspberry jam filling.
So delicious!



And last night she made a butter cake with chocolate frosting from scratch!
Binky and I had cake for breakfast!  It is so yummy!!!!!




We visited the zoo last week.
The bats are my favorite!


And this is Maggie.
She is 2 months old!  Isn't she adorable?



This is the USS Iowa.  She is huge!  We were able to go aboard and walk around the bow.
Binky was very impressed.



Goose is studying Mesopotamia right now.  The Hanging Gardens of Babylon intrigued her.
She painted her version of what they might have looked like.
I wouldn't mind living there!



This morning Binky and I went for a walk along the waterfront in search of these little guys.
We were so excited to find this one fairly close to where we could take a photo.
These burrowing owls return each year to this same park in Berkeley.

Since my last post Binky was diagnosed with Kohlers Disease.  It sounds worse than it is.
Basically it means he can't participate in any running, jumping, snowboarding, or skating activities
for at least one more month.  And it has already been 2 months!
As you can imagine, he is going a bit stir-crazy!!!!!!!!!
There are tears now and then when reality hits.  And not just from Binky. Imagine your 9 year old
not able to do any of the the physical activities he loves so much for 3 or 4 months straight! 
It took FOREVER to get a diagnosis.   Probably because it is such a rare disease.
The good news is that he will heal.
So for now we are listening to a lot of audio books, playing cards, painting, cooking,
playing with action figures(and buying new ones) and writing.
There are some movies in there too, of course.
Well, like I said, I have missed you and so look forward to finding out what everyone has been up to
in this new year!
Happy 2012!

2 comments:

  1. Your back! Looks like you have been keeping busy and eating well! Love the little ground owl, pretty cute. Sorry to hear about Binky, but I am so so glad that he is on the mend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good to see you're back, we've missed you!
    Such great learning and creating going on there! Goose's baking is looking pretty delicious:)

    Glad to hear Binky is almost and the end of his rest-time. That must be hard for an active boy for sure. Noah wouldn't mind so much... he's happy to sit at the computer for hours...sigh.
    Tell the kids "Hello" from us.

    ReplyDelete